Creative Support Series
Caregivers Support Group
"It's difficult to put into words the depth of joy this has brought me."
"My mom schedules her appointments around Creative Support Series."
- 2016 Creative Support Series Participants
Our Creative Support Series provides sessions using various art forms to creatively express thoughts and feelings during the breast cancer journey.
Every Tuesday afternoon, local artists from the Rochester community, with the help of the Mayo Clinic Cancer Education Center and the funding of Join the Journey, donate their time to be with you while you wait for appointments or just need a bit of creativity in your day.
Join us to work on an art project designed to be completed in 15 minutes or so while you wait. We have had silk-scarf painting, necklace making, greeting-card designing and more.
The Creative Support Series takes place in the Thomsen Resource Room on the 10th Floor of Mayo Clinic’s Gonda Building every Tuesday from 1:30 to 3:00pm.
Tentative 2016 Schedule for art projects:
- January – Coloring for Relaxation/Card Making
- February – Watercolor painting
- March – Scrapbook art making
- April – Glass ornaments/loom blooms
- May – Watercolor painting
- June – Scrapbook art making
- July— Watercolor painting
- August — Quilting
- September — Watercolor painting
- October — Coloring for Relaxation
- November — Fabric Wreaths
- December — Ornament making
For more information, please Contact Us.